Questions for Genesis 43:
1) According to what we read, have the brothers changed their ways?
2) What is Israel’s greatest concern?
3) Why does Judah become impatient?
4) What does it say of the Israelites that the only mention of God comes from an Egyptian?
5) Was Joseph successful in accomplishing the fulfillment of his first dream?
Questions for Genesis 42:
1) Why did Joseph accuse his brothers of being spies?
2) Was Joseph trying to orchestrate the fulfillment of his dreams?
3) Why did Joseph break down and cry?
4) What do you think motivated Reuben to act so heroically?
Question for Genesis 41:
1) What within chapter 41 indicates that Joseph is the wisest in Egypt?
Questions for Genesis 40:
1) What is the answer to Joseph’s question in verse 8?
2) How does this event make Joseph unique among Israel’s heroes?
3) Are dream and dream interpretation things Christians should pursue?
Questions for Genesis 38:
1) Why was Tamar more righteous than Judah?
2) How are the twins important historically?
Questions for Genesis 37
1) From chapter 37 alone, what do we learn of Joseph’s character?
2) What motivated Reuben to save Joseph?
3) Why did the brothers sell Joseph into slavery instead of kill him?
4) Do you think Jacob’s reaction to news of Joseph’s death support or temper the brother’s hatred of Joseph?
Questions for Genesis 36:
1) Why is this genealogy inserted at this point in Genesis?
2) Why were Esau’s sons referred to as ‘chiefs’?
3) How could the author refer to kings reigning over the children of Israel?
4) What does it mean that Esau’s descendants formed kingdoms so early in their history?