Questions for Genesis 35
1) Why do you think Jacob’s household still worshiped idols?
2) Why were the cities afraid of Jacob and his people?
3) Why does God reestablish his covenant with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob at this point?
4) Was it important that Jacob change his final son’s name?
5) Were Reuben’s actions wrong?
6) Did Isaac live to see the fulfillment of the covenant?
Why is this event chronicled in Scripture?
Questions on Genesis 33
1) Was Jacob a courageous man? Why or why not?
2) Did the reunion with Esau go as expected?
3) Were Jacob and Esau genuinely reconciled?
Questions for Genesis 32:
1) Was Jacob acting in faith?
2) What does Jacob’s new name reveal about God’s chosen? (Jacob and the nation?)
Questions for Genesis 31:
1) What reasons/excuses did Jacob give for his success against Laban?
2) Why do you think Rachel stole her father’s idols?
3) Why would God guide and protect such dubious people?
1) Did Rachel and Leah have a good relationship?
2) Did Jacob and Laban have a good relationship?
Questions for Genesis 29:
1) What do we learn from the episode of the stone and the well?
2) What is so symbol about Laban’s treachery with Jacob?
3) Why does God show favour to Leah?